The Sweetwater Union High School District, for the second time, is sponsoring the Seamless Summer Feeding Program. Free meals are available to ALL children 18 years and younger. No registration or application is needed. Just come and enjoy some great food!
See flyer for details: Seamless Summer Dates
Take a moment to complete the survey on the following google form: Senior Survey
The counseling department
Dear San Ysidro High School Community ,
By now I am sure you are aware that I will be leaving SYHS. It is a very sad time for me as this has been my “ home “ for the past 16 years. I am proud of the accomplishments of our school and recognize the efforts have been a direct result of many people working together for the betterment of our students. We have established a family culture that has embraced involvement by teachers ,parents , students and community members that cannot be duplicated anywhere. We have many wonderful accomplishments in and out of the classroom that have brought positive recognitions to San Ysidro ; 2013 and 2017 NASSP BreakThrough School , National AVID Demonstration School , 2017 Silver Award / U.S. News & World Report , 2 CIF baseball championships ,and 2 Men’s CIF soccer championships. Our graduates are making a difference at universities such as Stanford, Yale , U.C.L.A. , San Diego State, and Georgetown to name a few. I am eternally grateful to everyone for making these past 16 years the most memorable in my career and I thank you with much gratitude and affection. Viva Sidro !!!!
Mr. Hector Espinoza
“Cougar Camp July 11th-13th 9:00 am-1:30 pm at SYHS for all incoming 9th Graders. Register by clicking on the link below”
All students (9-12th grade) and staff are able to download office products. They have 5 licenses that they can use in addition to their mobile device. Here is the link to the directions http://it.sweetwaterschools.org/office-365/.
Don’t let the memories fade away! Buy a yearbook online at http://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A0108569.
If you prefer to purchase the yearbook in person, print out an order form and bring your completed form to Ms. Quick in room 707: SYHS yearbook order form
If you would like to create a custom ad for your student’s yearbook please open this informational flyer: San Ysidro adFlyer
Attention SYHS Alumni, if you’re interested in buying a yearbook for previous years, please visit the ASB office.
The California Scholarship Federation, CSF, is an organization that was established in the early 1920’s to emphasize and recognize high standards of service, scholarship, and citizenship.
To qualify for CSF membership this semester, follow these guidelines:
- You must earn a minimum of 10 points from last semester’s grades.
- The first 4 points must be from LIST I
- The first 7 points (including 4 from List 1) must be from LIST I and II
- The remaining points may come from any LIST I, II, or III
- You must use no more than 5 courses to qualify.
- NO CSF POINTS are given for physical education, courses taken in lieu of P.E., subjects repeated to improve a grade, courses involving office/teaching assistance, intersession/summer school courses, support courses, special education courses or courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
- CSF points are granted as follows:
- a grade of A= 3 CSF points
- a grade of B= 1 CSF point
- a grade of C= 0 CSF points
- a grade of D or F in any course, even in one not used to qualify, disqualifies you from membership at this time. This applies in SCHOLARSHIP & CITIZENSHIP!!!
***An A or B in an AP or HN course grants the member 1 additional point, up to a maximum of two such points per semester
- Membership qualification is determined on a semester to semester basis.
- You must reapply each semester and you must meet application deadlines.
- Courses you may use are listed on the back of this page and are divided into LISTS I, II, & III.
- One semester of qualification must be in your senior year.
- You must attend meetings to hear of any changes, deadlines and/or updates regarding CSF. Meetings are the first Monday of each month for Seniors, the first Tuesday for Juniors and the first Wednesday for Sophomores, in RELO 11 at the BEGINNING of lunch.