San Ysidro High School | News
Applications are due at lunch or for 20 minutes after school on these dates ONLY:
- Seniors – Monday, August 21st, 2017
- Juniors – Monday, August 14th 2017
- Sophomores – TBD, January 2018
There are no makeup dates
To qualify for CSF membership this semester, follow these guidelines:
- You must earn a minimum of 10 points from last semester’s grades.
- The first 4 points must be from LIST I
- The first 7 points (including 4 from List 1) must be from LIST I and II
- The remaining points may come from any LIST I, II, or III
- You must use no more than 5 courses to qualify.
- NO CSF POINTS are given for physical education, courses taken in lieu of P.E., subjects repeated to improve a grade, courses involving office/teaching assistance, intersession/summer school courses, support courses, special education courses or courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
- CSF points are granted as follows:
- a grade of A= 3 CSF points
- a grade of B= 1 CSF point
- a grade of C= 0 CSF points
- a grade of D or F in any course, even in one not used to qualify, disqualifies you from membership at this time. This applies in SCHOLARSHIP & CITIZENSHIP!!!
***An A or B in an AP or HN course grants the member 1 additional point, up to a maximum of two such points per semester
- Membership qualification is determined on a semester to semester basis.
- You must reapply each semester and you must meet application deadlines.
- One semester of qualification must be in your senior year.
- You must attend meetings to hear of any changes, deadlines and/or updates regarding CSF. Meetings are the first Monday of each month for Seniors, the first Tuesday for Juniors and the first Wednesday for Sophomores, in RELO 11 at the BEGINNING of lunch.