CSF stands for the California Scholarship Federation and it is a nationally recognized honor society. Starting in 10th grade, if you are a member of CSF for at least four semesters, including one semester during your senior year, you will graduate as a life member of CSF. If you graduate with all six possible semesters you will graduate with Highest Honors Life Member status. CSF life members receive special recognition at the graduation ceremony.
- Seniors – Monday, January 30, 2018
- Juniors – Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Sophomores – Thursday, January 25, 2018
There are no makeup dates
To qualify for CSF membership this semester, follow these guidelines:
- You must earn a minimum of 10 points from last semester’s grades.
- The first 4 points must be from LIST I
- The first 7 points (including 4 from List 1) must be from LIST I and II
- The remaining points may come from any LIST I, II, or III
- You must use no more than 5 courses to qualify.
- NO CSF POINTS are given for physical education, courses taken in lieu of P.E., subjects repeated to improve a grade, courses involving office/teaching assistance, intersession/summer school courses, support courses, special education courses or courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
- CSF points are granted as follows:
- a grade of A= 3 CSF points
- a grade of B= 1 CSF point
- a grade of C= 0 CSF points
- a grade of D or F in any course, even in one not used to qualify, disqualifies you from membership at this time. This applies in SCHOLARSHIP & CITIZENSHIP!!!
***An A or B in an AP or HN course grants the member 1 additional point, up to a maximum of two such points per semester
- Membership qualification is determined on a semester to semester basis.
- You must reapply each semester and you must meet application deadlines.
- One semester of qualification must be in your senior year.
- You must attend meetings to hear of any changes, deadlines and/or updates regarding CSF. Meetings are the first Monday of each month for Seniors, the first Tuesday for Juniors and the first Wednesday for Sophomores, in RELO 11 at the BEGINNING of lunch.
Contact Mrs. Giordano-Rink in RELO-11 for more information
When can you apply for CSF membership?
You may apply for CSF ONLY on the day that Mrs. Giordano-Rink designates. There will be one day at the beginning of each semester for you to apply. Membership for the current semester is determined by grades received the PREVIOUS semester. For example if you apply for CSF membership in the Spring semester, you are using your final grades from the previous fall semester to qualify. Applications must be submitted by the announced deadline. The dates will be given at the MONTHLY CSF meetings. There are NO EXCEPTIONS for applications turned in after the announced deadline.