- All incoming and returning student-athletes are REQUIRED to have an athletic physical and online consents completed as part of the clearance process. Here are the basic steps to follow when registering your athlete for the first time:
- The California Education Code (Sections 32220-32224 and 49470-49474) requires that each member of an athletic team shall have insurance coverage for medical and hospital expenses in an amount of at least $1500 while practicing for or participating in athletic activities sponsored under the jurisdiction of a public school district. In order to comply with state law, each athletic team member must be enrolled in either the District approved medical plan or have medical insurance coverage in an amount of at least $1500 provided under any other type of insurance plan(s) which may have been purchased by the student or by the parent/guardian. Without Insurance, a student athlete will not be able to clear for a sport. For Sweetwater Union High School District offered insurance plans, please contact your schools ASB office for more information.
- Start your registration process by going to your school’s clearance domain. Online form Click Here
ResourcesInstructions on how to register your athlete
- Add a new athlete: The next step is to add an athlete. You can do so by clicking the “My Athletes” tab on the left-hand side of the page or by clicking “Add Athlete” underneath the “My Athletes” tab. This only needs to be done once during your athlete’s entire career at a school. The information entered here will carry over from year to year. This information includes your athlete’s contact information and medical information.
- The athlete’s profile: After you’ve created your athlete, you will be brought to their Profile page. This page is a summary of their info and involvement.
- Register for a sport: Click “+ Register For A Sport” to begin registration, you will be asked to choose which sport your athlete is registering for.
- Your registration checklist: This page shows the status of your athlete’s registration. You will be asked to complete several steps to complete registration including agreeing to consent forms and other documents.
- Reminder: Physical documents should be completed by the parents and returned to your athletic department or ASB office. If you do not have a physical document, check with your ASB office or athletic department.
NEXT STEPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT
- After completing your registration, you must print you athlete profile, sign, and return the form (with your physical) to school. Below is an example of the steps to completing this process in your account.
Step #1: Select ‘Print Athlete Profile’
Future Seasons & Years
Once your athlete has been added to your account, you only need to follow steps 5-8 to register them for another sport.
Register My Athlete Tech Support
Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Support: 435-213-1601
Phone Support Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm